Sunday, August 30, 2009

College Graduates...Almost!

Well I thought I should give everyone a new life update on me and David.  As most of you know, David and I were living in Salt Lake for the summer with his Aunt Tiff and Uncle Chuck.  Fortunately, David was able to get an internship with a construction company in Salt Lake called Zwick Construction.  Unfortunately, the internship was unpaid, which = we are poor.  haha. Fortunately, he loved the internship and loved the company.  And super fortunately, they just gave him a job offer!  He graduates in December and Zwick wants him to come work for him!  We are 99.99% sure we are going to take the job offer.  He really liked the people he worked with, the company is great, and he would learn a lot.  Also, the owner sat down and talked with him and said that he could see David growing with the company.  They want to expand into California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, etc. and David could help them with that eventually.  And we all know David would just LOVE to live in California.  We are so grateful that David was able to do this internship.  

But for now David just has to focus on his last 5 classes (that is if he can get his mind off of college football) for the next three and a half months and then he can officially join me as a college graduate!

Now on to my life.  In July I decided I wanted to be done working with CFO Solutions.  They are a great company, but I was ready for steady hours, one location, and most importantly a steady paycheck.  (Yeah, that whole month during the summer without a single paycheck was not fun at all).  So I looked around for jobs and found a great one - thank you craigslist!  The company is a small private equity firm that invests in real estate/development companies.  I started at the very beginning of August - so I am about to start my fourth week with them.  The job is in Orem so before I was driving down from Salt Lake.  Now that we are back in Orem, I am about three minutes from work, which is really nice.  Since I don't have to be in until 9:00 am, I get a pretty good nights sleep each night.  The company is great and they are letting me be a lot more involved in the accounting than I was at my previous job.  I even have my own little office!

For the semester, David and I are living in my grandma and grandpa's basement in Orem - thank you grandma and grandpa!  We really, really, really can't wait to get our own apartment but that will just have to wait until December.  For now we are just trying to save up for our many large purchases we will be making in December - new car, couches, bed, bedroom furniture, washer/dryer, etc.  We are super excited to be done with college in three months and to both be working, contributing members of society!  Yay!

6 comments:

mlauricella said...

way to go you two! sounds like you have a great plan and I'm sure everything will work out for the best!!

THE ORMES said...

Congrats on the job offer, David. That's exciting.

Sounds like things are great for you. If you want a good money book, we've been reading Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey, but then again you are the finance girl.

Anyway, we need to do something. The other kiddos have now gotten the same thing Payden had so we've had throwing up and diarrhea galore . . . fun stuff!

Super excited for y'all for everything!!!!!

Courtney said...

Karin you two sound so grown up! I am so glad you both were able to find jobs in Utah! That means more Driggs time for me! I need to see you soon~

Angela said...

Way to go on everything!! Thanks for the update.

Cristina said...

Awesome update!! Yay for being college graduates and congrats on the sweet jobs!

Carlea J Wilson said...

You are so cute! Congrats David! Im so excited for you, even if it does mean you wont be moving to Tejas :( That just means we will have to come visit you in the snow!!