Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Final Summer Trip

At the end of July, we flew to Phoenix for the wedding of my very good friend, Nichole. My boss and his wife were so nice and let us stay in their gorgeous vacation home in Mesa. It was so fun! The morning after we arrived, David and I drove down to see the house David grew up in when he was little. He was born in Mesa and lived in this house until he was eight and moved to California. It was so fun to see the house he lived in as a baby!

And this was David's first school.

Then we headed back to the house for some pool time! The weather was actually perfect. I was afraid it was going to be horribly hot but it was not bad at all. It was a little overcast so the temperatures were only in the high 90's. Rather than the 120's!

Sweet dive!



We spent a lot of time just lounging and reading at the pool. Work has been so crazy for us, so it was nice to have a long weekend to rest and relax.

For lunch on Saturday we went to Tia Rosas. I ate here when I came to Arizona for my company retreat in 2010. It was so good!


Saturday night was Nichole's wedding in Tucson. I met Nichole our freshmen year of high school. She and I were both in choir and became really good friends. She has always been there for me and was actually in Utah with me when David and I started dating! If she had not come and visited me in Utah, David may have never invited us over to watch Nacho Libre at his apartment! She has always been such a good friend to me. I was so glad I was able to come to Arizona to be at her wedding! Noelle was a bridesmaid so I got to see her, too!! It was so fun to see her again and I cannot wait for her wedding - Oct 2012!!

Me, Noelle, Stephanie, and Michelle - more high school friends who happen to also be Nichole's cousins!

The first dance!!

Nichole was so beautiful! Her dress was gorgeous and she looked so happy! It was such a fun trip. David and I were so glad we got to see Nichole and be a part of her special day!


3 comments:

Angela said...

I know Stephanie and Michelle because they were student trainers with me at Lamar HS (I was a senior when they were freshmen); so weird! And they look the same as they did years and years ago.

Anonymous said...

Ah!!! Blogger.com was blocked on post, and we just got internet set up the house, so I'm catching up on my blog reading. Your boss's house is SO nice! No wonder y'all wanted to stay there for the weekend! Thank you so much for coming to the wedding : ) It meant the world to me! I love you so much, Dynsee! I'm so glad that y'all had a good trip!

mlauricella said...

when do we get to go? and you are the wedding queen. are there any left to go to? kind of like 27 dresses except you are already married.