Saturday, October 17, 2009

Plastic Blinds Are Not Okay

Why do apartments think it is okay to place these hideous, plastic, cheap blinds in front of sliding glass doors? Have they never heard of a thing called curtains - made of fabric? Or better yet, have they never thought to just have a door out to the balcony rather than a sliding glass door? David and I started apartment hunting last Saturday. All the apartments, except one, had these ugly plastic blinds. I hate these blinds. We had them at Alpine Village and by the time we moved out, half of them had fallen off. And don't even get me started on the sound they make when you try to slide them open. I cringe at that sound. Luckily, for David and I, our application was approved (after a horrible three day wait - (how will I ever buy a house and have to wait a month)) and we got the apartment we wanted! The apartment that chose to use a door as the way out to the back patio rather than these hideous, plastic blinds. Don't worry - pics to come on the new apartment. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! (sadly, we can't move in until November 14th; the countdown has begun!)

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Yes! I cannot wait to see the new apartment! Also, let's get lunch or something soon?

Kate Nash said...

I agree Karin! They are sick! You are a funny girl.

Angela said...

I didn't know y'all we're looking for an apartment...are y'all going to be at the place for awhile since Dave graduates soon?