Monday, November 9, 2009

Random Tidbits

11 DAYS AND COUNTING! David and I will be moving in to our apartment in eleven days. I cannot wait to move out! I am super grateful that my grandparents have let us stay with them, but we are ready for our own place. We even went out and bought a couch set (couch, love seat, and chair) from RC Willey last week. How exciting!! Our first furniture together! Here is a picture of the apartment complex - we love it!!


Below is the picture of our actual apartment/actual garage! But bad news - the apartment complex called us last week. We were supposed to move in on the 14th, but they had to move us back to the 20th due to some "serious damages" to our apartment. Smoking is against the rules at this complex, however, our former tenant did not seem to know this. They smoked. Yuck! So our apartment wanted an extra week to repaint all the walls and work to get rid of the smoke smell. I am just crossing my fingers and praying that they get the smell out. Otherwise I don't know what we'll do.. we really want to live at this place and ours is the only open apartment until after January!!! Cross your fingers with me!!


On Halloween morning, David and I went to the Provo Temple and you will never guess who was there with us....Donny Osmond! That's right - Donny Osmond from Dancing With the Stars. I had to fight back the urge to go up to him and say, "Great job dancing Donny!" Something about reality T.V. shows makes you feel like you really know the celebrities. After watching him on Dancing with the Stars for the past three months, I really felt like I knew him. Of course, I did not say anything. I'm sure I would have just embarrassed myself - but hey it was exciting to be in the same room as the rich and famous!



3 comments:

Courtney said...

Haha Karin, this post made me laugh for the following reasons:
1. Donny Osmond's picture
2. The fact that you saw Donny Osmond in the temple
(These didn't make me laugh, just continuing in list format):
3. Your new apartment complex looks so cute!
4. I can't wait to see it and your couches!
5. Shall we get together sometime soon?

Loriann said...

I'm definitely crossing my fingers for you- I'm sure that it will definitely help you grow your relationship to have your own home. However, I can't say I'm too proud of your admittance to watching "Dancing with the Stars"- I just see it getting made fun of on "The Soup" all the time and always thought despite my love for reality TV, that I had to draw the line with that one- Perhaps I'll give it a chance next season...

Carlee said...

That's fancy that you bought real furniture. We still haven't ever bought new furniture. The Ruggles' place in Taylorsville is the exact same complex style and it's really nice so I can see why you want to live there. Sorry that we aren't around to help with the move!