Saturday, December 12, 2009

Look What You Did...

...You little jerk! haha I love Christmas and I LOVE Home Alone! In fact, me, David, and his little sister watched it last night. And as usual I was laughing the whole time and crying by the end. Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I love buying presents for people, putting up decorations, doing family traditions, and see all the pretty lights everywhere.

Last Saturday, David's friend Scott and Scott's wife Allison invited us to see the Hale Center's performance of "A Christmas Carol." I really lik
ed it! It was the first time David and I had been to the Hale Center. They do such a good job. The pr
ops and furniture for each scene would pop up out of the ground or come down from the ceiling. It was really cool. And they guy who played Scrooge was really good. I very much recommend going to see this - I even recommend it more than that 3D Jim Carrey Christmas Carol movie - that I did not like so much.

Before the play, we stopped by this house in Sandy that has the lights that flash in tune with the Christmas music on the radio. It was pretty cool - I think I've seen better on Youtube, though. This is a picture of the house next door to the radio house. It looked prettier so I took a picture of it. I do miss that people in Utah do not put up a
ny where near as many lights as people do in Texas. It guess it is harder when your yard and house get covered in snow to put lights up.


David and I decided to buy a fake Christmas tree this year. For only $20 I think it looks pretty good! Growing up, we always had just a fake tree. Plus when I lived at King Henry, we had a possessed tree that fell over about a million times (breaking all of my roommate Allison's ornaments in the process) so I decided that I am just a fake tree kind of person. We had some extra lights so we put them around the TV area. Hanging up is my stocking that I grew up with and then the stockings David and I bought last Christmas. I decided I am going to make David a stocking that matches the one I grew up with so we will have one more stocking hanging.

Here we are in front of our tree. The box said it was a 6 foot tree. In case you don't know David, he is not six feet tall. Guess the box lied.

And here we are taking a picture right before leaving for church.

On a side note, moments after this picture was taken, and moments before leaving the house for church, I decided to blow out the candles we had been burning. I then decided that it would be a good idea to grab a knife and stab at the wax, pushing it down the side of the candle (so that it would fall in the wax and melt). At the time this seemed like a good idea. Why does it always happen that way? Next thing I know, I am screaming as hot, red wax flies out of the candle and down the front of my skirt. What was I thinking? Luckily the wax did come out in the wash but I would have to recommend not stabbing hot wax with butter knifes.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!! I cannot wait!!

3 comments:

Angela said...

I LOVE Christmas, too!! Since we're still laying down tile, our house is mess, and I'm unable to pull out the Christmas Tree, which, by the way, is mom and dad's old, BIG, fake tree--love it!

Courtney said...

Karin, I was laughing out loud as I read this post. Hilarious. I hated that tree at King Henry, it would always fall over! And I can just picture the hot wax spilling all over you! (Sadly.) And I, too, love Home Alone. My favorite part is where Kevin is dancing with the Michael Jordan cutout!

Cristina said...

Your new place looks so cute and festive! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!