Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Biggest Loser

Three weeks ago, my office started an Office Biggest Loser Challenge. Each week there will be a different challenge and every Monday we have to weigh in to the office manager. Whoever loses the smallest percentage of body weight each week will be kicked out - just like on the show Biggest Loser. Wanting to show my good spirit and to bond with my coworkers, I decided to join in the fun. Tomorrow will be our third weigh in - and so far I have actually gained 0.4 of a pound rather than losing any weight. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

The first week, the challenge was to drink the recommended amount of water. Take your body weight and divide it in half - that is how many fluid ounces of water you should drink per day. I am proud to admit that I completed this challenge! It was so hard to drink that much water! I went to the bathroom a MILLION times a day! However, a lot of other people completed the challenge so we had to do a tie breaker at work, which I lost.

The second week, the challenge was to eat the recommended serving of fruit each day. Yeah I did not do so well at this challenge. You are supposed to have two cups of fruit a day. I probably had two cups of fruit the entire week. Luckily in week one no one was eliminated. They decided to be nice. In week two, they kicked out the people who had not been doing their weigh-ins. So I was still in!!

The third week, this past week, the challenge was to work out for 30 minutes a day for six days of the week. With David's help, I completed this challenge! We would run for 15 minutes on the treadmill in our apartment's clubhouse and then do 15 minutes on the bikes. Tomorrow is the weigh in so we will see how I do! I'm not actually caring if I lose weight so much as I would like to get in shape. I can't even run the entire fifteen minutes on the treadmill. The competition lasts for 12 weeks. My hope is that by the end, I can run for at least thirty minutes straight. I'll keep you all updated - because I'm sure you all are really interested in this. haha! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

mlauricella said...

fun! good luck! I hate running... i'd much rather speed walk!