Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter Weekend Pt 1

David and I decided to plan a little "stay-cation" as he kept calling it for Easter weekend. I had that Friday off for Good Friday and David decided to take the day off of work. Way back in February I had bought a coupon to do some fun things up in Ogden, so we decided to make a little trip out of it and spend Friday night in Ogden. On our way up to Ogden, we decided to stop at Antelope Island, north of Salt Lake City. I'm just going to say it now - it was a bit lame. I guess if you want to actually see more than 3 of the 700 buffalo on the island, you should go in October when the round up all the buffalo.

Despite being sunny, it was very chilly. Online it said there was a restaurant on the island, so we had decided to eat lunch there. The "restaurant" was just a small burger place with no heater. It was cold! David did order the buffalo burger and said it was good. I had chicken as usual.

Way in the distance you can see the 3 buffalo that we saw. Exciting. I know.

Utah does have beaches! They are on Antelope Island!

And this was when David decided to drive along the buffalo corral hoping to see some more buffalo, but no such luck. All in all it was pretty lame to go to Antelope Island, but now we can say we have been. Check that off our Utah Sight Seeing list. Coming up part 2 of our trip - the fun part!!


No comments: