Sunday, February 5, 2012

Christmastime Catch Up

Here is a post with a lot of out of order photos from Christmas. I have been needing to do this for a while so here it is. We kicked off the Christmas season with a roommate Christmas dinner at our place. I had so much fun! I hope it becomes an annual tradition. I have the best girlfriends (their spouses/significant others are pretty great, too). We started the evening with some delicious appetizers of deviled eggs and baked brie on sliced apples.

What would a Christmas party dinner be without a nice toasty fire in the background provided by Netflix?

After a yummy dinner, (that may or may not have set off smoke alarms in my house during the making of) we played a version of Bunco with a Christmas/White Elephant twist. It is a Dew family tradition. It was really fun! Everyone got really in to it and had a great time!






After Bunco, we played Charades - the one with the three rounds. I can't quite remember, so I'm just going to claim that the girls won!





And of course we ended the night with a lovely group photo!

Can't have a photo shoot without a sexy surprise photo!

Then we had a great week spent with the Dynes family full of food, fun, and lots of activities. These photos are all out of order because Blogspot still confuses me. :) HEre we are at Temple Square looking at the lights.

We all went to the Gallivan Center in downtown Salt Lake to go ice skating. We all had a great time.

Very cute picture of Scott and Angela! And the guy on the left cracks me up!



David showing off his sweet ice skating skills!




Don't worry - he caught himself before falling to the ground.

The boys eating at Wingers.

Me and Allie - she is seriously the most entertaining two year old!

Rachel sporting her awesome Christmas Eve gift - a Bumpit!

Traditional Dynes Family Goofy Christmas Eve Photo

Traditional Christmas Eve Dynes Family Photo

Me and David on Christmas Day

Christmas morning!


Seriously the best Christmas gift - Michalle made it for my parents. (We have a Polar Express Christmas Eve tradition we do every year.)

Now we can be Nook twins! (Thank you David!)

Christmas morning breakfast of sausage/egg burritos.


We ended Christmas Eve with a few rounds of Just Dance.


Christmas Eve scripture reading of the birth of Jesus.


Bradley is so adorable in his pajamas!

Uncle David playing with the nieces/nephews like always.

I was obsessed with Allie in her little skinny jeans! (I think they were a gift from Aunt Lori)

David started pillow fighting with the kids, which of course lead to children in tears. Declan is about to smash Allie in the face. hahaha

We went to a bounce house play place one day with all the nieces and nephews.


And to end, here is David being David.



It was a really great Christmas. We missed the Dynes members who could not come and had a really great time with those who could. I feel so grateful for the friends and family I have and that I was able to spend time with all of them over the holidays.

4 comments:

mlauricella said...

I love it! It was so much fun. Glad you got some good pics. David, what a goof. Is that Allie's leg about to kick him as she gets off the slide? And how fun, a Christmas party. I've always wanted to host one!

Angela said...

Even with the pictures jumbled up, I think it shows well what fun we had! And that guy in the pic with me & Scott at the ice skating rink is a little too close in my space. Creepy.
Also, what a great hostess! You forgot to mention how cute your centerpieces were! Very cute!

Angela said...

I know I already commented, but I've been craving your baked brie on sliced apples all day!! Yum! Also, what was that delicious salad with broccoli you made for Christmas dinner? Could you send me these 2 recipes, please?!?! you little chef, you!

Loriann said...

It makes me so sad we weren't there to join in all the fun :( but I love seeing all the pictures! And I thought I was almost done with the Dynes slideshow, but now I feel like I just HAVE to add in a few more of these pics!