Wednesday, July 16, 2008

June 17-21 = BEST WEEK EVER!



So here goes:





I was married on June 21, 2008 at the Salt Lake Temple. Of course the weather in Utah decided to suddenly reach 95 degrees for the first time the weekend of the wedding. It was SO hot in the sun! David and I were sealed by his grandfather, which was really cool. It was his first time to seal one of his family members together. All seven of my sibling came to the wedding. I love seeing them!! Too bad, though, that at weddings you hardly get to talk to anyone. Also, my five closest friends from home flew up for the wedding. I LOVED having them there. I honestly do not think my reception would have pulled together if they were not there. They were amazing and helped me with everything! Also, my roommates and closest friends up here came to the wedding. They of course all looked beautiful! I loved having all my closest girl friends at the wedding! It really did make it extra special. So Thank you to Natalie, Courtney, Jessie, Kate, Kendra, Catherine, Carlea, Alicia, and Nichole! You guys are all amazing and i love you all!

So back to the wedding. We were married and then walked out of the temple to everyone cheering. It was so much fun! Not to sound spoiled or bratty but it is fun to have one day in your life when all the attention is on you and your husband. haha. We waited FOREVER for some other bride to get off the temple steps - my three year old niece Taylor kept running up and down the stairs while she and her husband were taking pictures haha I guess thats what she gets for exceeding the twenty minute time limit. So we took pictures on the steps and then everyone left so David and I took pictures around the temple grounds with the photographer and videographer - it was again SO HOT! Wedding dresses trap the heat in around your looks. It is basically like you are cooking inside of there!

Then came the recepetion. David's Aunt Tiff and Uncle Chuck were SO NICE and let us have our reception at their gorgeous house. David and I got there and then my friends arrived and helped get all the food out and ready. We had fruit, sandwhiches, crackers, and best of all three chocolate fountains! haha dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and white chocolate! It was fun to meet everyone and then we did the cutting of the cake. David was a gentleman and did not smooch it in my face but I was not such a gentle-lady. I did wipe off most of the icing but then i smashed it in his face so he gave me a big fat kiss. I had icing up my nose. Then we had our first dance - literally our first dance together ever - which was fun. A bit weird to have everyone standing around staring at you for like four whole minutes. haha. Then I danced with my dad and he danced with his mom and then we chatted and took pictures and then left for the honeymoon! You'll just have to wait for my next post to hear about that! haha ( i will add pics later - gma's computer is being RIDICULOUSLY slow and will not load!)

2 comments:

Courtney said...

love it. absolutely love it! i'm still a bit offended that i wasn't the one who sealed you... and can you please refer to him as grandad? jeez, karin

Natalie said...

hahahahah LOVE that you're up and going on the blog...you will get addicted I already know. And when i get back to the mail room..I'll give you a little tutorial! haha KEEP THE POSTS COMIN...