Thursday, April 2, 2009

Graduation Decisions

I am possibly the most fickle person I know. I jump into things without really thinking about it and then later change my mind and then later change it again. So after much thinking and changing of minds, David and I decided that since I will be in Provo all summer, I may as well take some classes so that I can work my mailroom job full time. I have worked this job for almost three years and was really sad to have to quit at the end of April. Then my boss pointed out that if I take just 3 credits, I could still work.


So I spoke to my college advisement counselor and had her push back my official graduation to August. I will still be walking in April I just won't be getting my diploma until August. Then came the decision of what to take. I decided on:


1. Food Preparation in the Home - watch out family. I will become the best cook of us all.


2. Social Dance - David felt the need to inform me that in this class it is "not an easy A, Karin". They do actually grade you on your dancing. Thank you David. And for that comment I am making him come to class and be my dancing partner. (seeing as he has taken this class like 4 times or something) And yes, I will be the Julianne Hough of BYU's beginning social dance class.


3. Jogging - This will really help keep me motivated for that half marathon in August. (Sadly David and I have not run in like two weeks because it has been SNOWING! Yes, it is April. Yes, it is freezing outside.)

I am excited for my classes. I have not taken a "fun" class in the past two years - unless you count the fact that I am a big fat nerd and loved both business law and accounting 440.

I can't believe that by August David and I will both be graduated and moving and starting real jobs!! Wish us luck!

9 comments:

Carlee said...

That sounds like fun Karin. I never once took any classes just for fun. The closest I came was taken ballet and modern dance, but let's just say it's hard for me to have a lot of fun wearing a leotard, tights, and shoes. My cousin was always taking fun cooking classes and I wish I would have had time or taken the time. Good luck with the quest to become the best cook!

Natalie said...

hhahahahahah i love all those classes for Karin. perfect. I expect a delicious meal when i return from down under

THE ORMES said...

Way to beat the system! Those classes should be fun. I took Social Dance and did alright and seeing as I'm not that coordinated . . . you should be alright too. Oh, and if you get any good recipes from that cooking class, pass them on!

Oh, you'll still be alright flying down to help us, right?

Angela said...

I took jogging my last semester, and I loved it. Utah has nice weather--most of the time--for running. The cooler weather keeps you motivated to run. And I wish I had taken a cooking class, like Scott. He gets to use his knowledge regularly since he cooks more than I do, but I love his food!

Chuck and Julie Browne said...

Sounds like a fun summer! I would love to take all of the above.

Courtney said...

I refuse to wish you luck! AND didn't you already take jogging? I thought you took it our freshman year and made up how much you worked out....? I loved food prep, I thought it would make me a gourmet cook as well, but hot pockets are still my meal of choice. Haha

Marcy said...

I'm always game for new recipes! Enjoy your final 3 classes!!

Paige said...

Sounds like some really fun classes. I'm actually pretty jealous. I miss electives!!! Good luck, Karin! Sounds like you guys are doing great.

Carlea J Wilson said...

Will you please please send me your notes from food preparation in the home?