Friday, February 19, 2010

Valentine's Day!


David and I finally got to celebrate Valentine's Day together this year - although we went out on Saturday night rather than Sunday. For both of the past two years, David had a construction management competition in Reno on Valentine's Day. Valentine's weekend starting with me going to work that Friday. Shortly after arriving, these roses were delivered to my office! So thoughtful of David!
Then on Saturday, David had to work all day long until about 4:30. He came home from work with a box of chocolates in hand and we got ready for dinner. David doesn't think Valentine's Day is a real holiday so he likes to just do a really nice dinner and not really do much of the present thing. We recently bought David two suits so I bought him two ties to match them as a Valentine's present - although again David insisted that boys should not get Valentine's presents I just couldn't resist. We decided that we wanted to try out the restaurant Chef's Table in Orem. It is supposedly the nicest restaurant in Utah Valley and I had always wanted to go there just to try it out. Sadly, I forgot my camera - I was positive I put it in my purse!

My dish was really good. I ordered the steak with a mango chutney sauce. That steak was amazing, and the mango sauce was even better. David, however, chose his dish poorly. He claimed he was in the mood for something light, so he ordered the halibut fish. He did not like it so much. Especially not for the price. So if you ever find yourself in Orem, Utah at Chef's Table - make sure you go with one of the steak items. We then had creme brulee for dessert. I had never had it before and all I could think of was the bit on "My Best Friend's Wedding" about jello and creme brulee. It was okay but not that great. But overall the atmosphere at the restaurant was nice and romantic and the service was great. The food just may not have been worth the price.

Then we went home and David surprised me with the movie P.S. I Love You to watch. What a treat for me! David hates chick flicks but he managed to stay out on the couch with me the whole time! Of course he was asleep for 99% of the movie but that's okay!

It was nice to get to dress up, have a nice dinner, and watch a girly movie while eating way more chocolate than I should have. Thank you for a great Valentine's Day David!

3 comments:

mlauricella said...

so cute! expensive restaurants usually aren't worth the price, but you gotta try, right?

Courtney said...

I am so jealous that you tried Chef's Table! Remember when we saw P.S. I Love You in the dollar theater and we were all sobbing uncontrollably? Haha. That was a good night. And Big Red made us all so late at Sukura. Yikes, what a night. Haha. I'm glad you finally got to spend Valentine's Day with David!

Chuck and Julie Browne said...

Love the hair! This was after I colored it right?? If not, it still looks cute.