Monday, February 22, 2010

Pioneer Woman Attempt #2 - SUCCESS!

Last Friday night was my second attempt at a Pioneer Woman meal, as well as my second attempt at making a baked potato. And I must say what a success! I conquered the potatoes! Take that potato karma police!

David's mom and sister were out of town so we invited David's dad over for dinner. I decided to make Pioneer Woman's Hot and Sweet Drumsticks, with baked potatoes, and roasted thyme carrots (also from Pioneer Woman). It was all so delicious! I even liked the carrots! I usually hate carrots but am trying to eat more vegetables so I thought that Pioneer Woman's recipe of covering them with evoo (for all you non Rachael Ray fans that is extra virgin olive oil), thyme, and roasting them in the oven might hide the nasty carrot taste enough for me to eat them. And it did. However, David did not like the mushiness of them - he likes the crispness of uncooked carrots.

But the best part of the night was the baked potatoes. I even cooked three of them this time. And did not burn my finger. Which is still scarred from last time - possibly for the rest of my life. The magic number was an hour and ten minutes at 350. Sorry to toot my own horn, but I was very excited that the potatoes actually cooked this time!


And while I am rambling about food, I just have to say that Carlee's penne rosa recipe in the Dynes Delights Cook Book is amazing. I have made it twice in the past month and David and I love it! So good! So thank you Carlee!

3 comments:

Chuck and Julie Browne said...

post links to the recipes!! This looks SO good I think I need to try it myself.

Carlee said...

I'm glad the penne rosa recipe is working out for you. I found it on the back of a Barilla pasta box and have made it often. I tried another pasta recipe off the back of a box recently and it was really good. I'll have to send it your way since you are now clearly a domestic diva.

Loriann said...

Props to the Pioneer Woman- I checked it out, picked a few recipes, and will be posting a blog on my pleasant discvoeries in the near future!