Sunday, October 31, 2010

Finished!

The home is finished! We did a walk through with the project manager on Friday and put up blue tape on Saturday of all the places we want paint touched up. Now all we have to wait for is the painters to do the touch ups and the cleaners to do a final cleaning! Yay! We are also waiting as the mortgage company does an appraisal of the house and does the underwriting process. One more week and then we will be good to close on the loan and will officially be homeowners! (well mortgage payers - many, many, many more years until we actually own the home)

We are super excited and are starting to pack up the apartment. We already picked out our washer/dryer and those will be delivered the day we move in. I LOVE the washer/dryer we picked. I couldn't sleep the night we purchased them - I felt like a kid trying to sleep on Christmas Eve. And best of all we got a sweet deal on them. RC Willey was having a sale plus we got an extra 20% off the washer/dryer, plus 20% off the pedestals, plus buy one get one free on the pedestals, plus a giant bucket of HE detergent, and I talked them in to free delivery! What can I say - I love a good bargain!

I also went with Angela and ordered special fancy fabric to make pillows out of for the living room. I am going to do this living room in a totally different color scheme compared to our apartment. Even though our couches are not a modern style, I am trying to go for a more modern, contemporary look. And hopefully one day can replace our couches with modern, contemporary ones. We shall see. I can't wait! Here are some pics of the finished house. Hopefully, the next post I do of the house will be with all our furniture inside!

(It is already too cold in Utah so the yard will have to wait until Spring to be put in.)


(After installing the wrong appliances last week (black ones - yuck!), they finally got the correct ones installed.)

(We have a pretty sweet view of the mountains behind our house!)

6 comments:

Chuck and Julie Browne said...

Karin! You are making me jelly-cat. I love that you have your own house. It's making me want one so bad. Can't wait to see it with all the furniture.

mlauricella said...

So exciting! congrats! matt said you should be proud :)

THE ORMES said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! I'm soooooo excited for y'all. The funny thing is I'm married to a doctor and will be near the last in our family to actually be a homeowner ... hahaha!!! It does make me extra excited for y'all!!! Love it! Can't wait to come see it!!!!!

Nancy said...

whooo-hooo! welcome to home owner/mortgage-ship. looks goooorgeous! can't wait for the next set of pics.

Courtney said...

it looks so great! i am so excited for you! ok, so let's get down to business... when can i help you move/when can i spend the night/when can we make crafts?

Loriann said...

Congratulations!! There's so many great things about it. Love the outside color, the big front porch, the spacy kitchen, and the gorgeous mountain view. I can't wait to see how you decorate it!