Monday, November 22, 2010

Help Needed! Fast!

David and I are all moved in and we have signed the loan documents! We are officially homeloaners! (That is what David called it). I will post pictures and more details later but first I need design help ASAP!

We purchased this dining set from Ikea - (HUGE thank you to Scott and Angela for putting basically the whole thing together for us!!) I want to cover the seats with fabric so that I have more color in the kitchen area.


For the living room, Angela helped me make these pillows! Yes, you heard right. I actually sewed something! I LOVE them! My color scheme is green and varying shades of brown/tan/white. Here are the pillows we made:

I need help on choosing a fabric to cover the dining chairs with. I want to have this done by Thanksgiving. We are doing all the desserts and games at our house that night. Here are the three fabrics I found at Joann's that I like:





Please give me your opinions! Should I use one of those three or should I reuse one of the pillow fabrics. I only made one small pillow with the green/white circles so I have some left over of that.

I like the striped fabric with blue but I don't know if I should introduce another color in to the scheme or not. Don't they usually only pick about three colors on HGTV? I already have green, white and brown. HELP!

Thank you in advance for all your wonderful opinions!

11 comments:

Chuck and Julie Browne said...

I like the stripes, either one. You don't have any stripes in the pillows so it would help to bring in more texture. My first instinct was the brown and green stripe, but the one with blue would help to introduce another color into the palette.

Cristina said...

I like the blue and green stripe. Before I saw the fabric pics I already thought maybe you could do something with blue! And brown and white are neutrals so I don't think adding another color would be bad at all! If the blue is a no go I like the first green fabric you put up. That's my two cents :) the pillows look awesome!

THE ORMES said...

I like the stripes. I agree with Cristina, brown and white are neutrals so they don't count. Good job on being more crafty. It looks really good and sounds like so much fun. Good luck!!

Natalie said...

I definitely think the stripes. I only lean towards the brown and green because they have less white and white is tricky w/dining chairs...in my opinion. Easier to get dirty with food and such. but i love them both because i really do like the blue as well. What if you made blue and (white or brown) ties for the backs of the cushions?

Rasmussen Family said...

I think you should go with one of the trellis prints. Stripes are so expected for chairs and the trellis will make much more of a design statement. The bolder the better!!!

Marcy said...

I like the stripes with blue in them. My second choice is the green & white circles. I'm certainly impressed...I've got lots of projects started and nothing completed!

Carlea J Wilson said...

I like the brown and green stripes! It will tie into your cabinets and wont look springy in the winter. Love :)

Nancy said...

Option #3 is my fav. I like how it looks with the other fabrics you have and I do think the texture of the stripes rounds them all out. Also with the blue you have the option of changing out decor during different seasons to either play up the blue more or play up the green. And because the browns and whites are neutrals (I think someone else said this too), you really still only have a couple pops of color. Oh I wish I was there in person to wrangle you into choosing the one I like best--as your oldest sister it is all about me anyway! ;-) Whatever you choose will look lovely--they are all fabulous fabrics.

Courtney said...

i like option #1 the best!

Angela said...

I like option 3. I think option 1 is too similar to your pillow and it seems too busy for a chair cover. Simple is best, so I like the stripes.

Loriann said...

I LOVE the pillows. I've been slacking on my around-the-house project, and you've got me thinking it's time to get back to it!
And sorry I was too late to interject my opinion, but I'd have to say I think you chose wisely for the chairs...