Sunday, August 28, 2011

Company Summer Retreat

Just two weeks after our trip to Colorado, we headed to Vernal, Utah with my company and everyone's families to enjoy two days at my boss's cabin. First we stopped off at the Utah State Bingham Entrepreneurship and Energy Research Center to see how things were doing. My boss and his wife donated the money for this building so it was named after them. It is a really cool modern building. Here are all the Blue Diamond employees:

Then we left Vernal and drove up Diamond Mountain for about an hour and a half to Marc and Debbie's cabin. It is literally in the middle of nowhere. There is nothing else up there except for cows and deer. It was really cool to be in the remote forests on top of the mountain.

David and I were able to get some more four wheeling in. At my grandma's cabin in Colorado, you have to stay on certain roads because she lives in a state park and the park rangers yell at you if you go on park roads. Here you could go wherever you wanted. It was really cool to just drive around through the mountain.

We ate a ton of really good food at the cabin and played games. We played a game with all the couples called Ladder Ball. It was really fun but we were not that good at it. My coworker, Scotty, and his wife, Karin, (Yes, she is the one other person in the world who spells her name like me!) killed everyone. No one could beat them. The highlight of the trip for me was the zip line. It was hilarious. My coworker, Scott, and I told David to test it out first to see if it could hold up. David climbed up the ladder, sat on the bar, and took off. In the far off distance, you can see a white thing. That is two really old, pretty thin mattresses propped up against a tree. We did not think to check the end of the zip line before we sent David down. He just went flying down and smashed in to the mattresses. He got the wind knocked out of him but was laughing. It was pretty funny. After that, we put David at the end of the line to slow people down as they came down the zip line. We had a few children get hurt, but over all it was actually really fun! Pretty nice for a self made zip line!

Not gonna lie, it was really scary at the start. That ladder was really tall!

All in all, it was a fun trip. I am so grateful that I get to work with such fun, kind people. David and I really enjoyed our weekend in Vernal.

No comments: