Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Attack of the Birds


On Monday morning, I decided to go for a long power walk down to the SugarHouse Park. It was beautiful and sunny outside. As I was walking through the park, I passed a tree with two birds in it. Suddenly, the birds started diving at me. One dove about a foot in front of me and the other started diving at my back. I am positive that if I had not started running, the one behind me would have ran into my back. Not to mention, they were scary black birds like the ones above. For the rest of my "walk" I was terrified that any of the other birds I saw were going to attack me, too. I guess I can now add "birds" to the very long list of animals that scare me. On a happier note, I walked 4 miles that morning. Go me!

7 comments:

Carlee said...

I'm kind of afraid of birds too. And I think they're gross. I was always disgusted when kids would pick up feathers off the ground. And I've never even been attacked.

THE ORMES said...

Sorry to say, but that is funny. Crazy and freaky . . . but funny too. I wish I had some words of wisdom to give you, but running is about all I can think of. Hopefully you don't ever meet up with them again.

Thanks again for dropping by. We enjoyed having ya!!

Angela said...

I think that's what made the movie so creepy--inspite of the bad graphics--but it could really happen! Way to walk 4 miles!!

Natalie said...

SEEE! birds are TERRIFYING! i have felt justified in all of the animals i am scared of for specific instances like stated above... I MISS YOU! and good job on the 4 miles. so healthy...so cute.

Carlea J Wilson said...

have you seen the movie "the birds?" It is terrifying.

Courtney said...

hahahah. hilarious post. when we were in london, a bird literally flew into alex's hair. that being said, alex's hair was huge and the bird probably mistook the tangle of hair for it's nest, but still. we could hear it's little claws on his sunglasses! ewww

Morgan said...

Scary!