Wednesday, June 3, 2009

David's Third Birthday Celebration...


As I said before, we really celebrated David's birthday the WHOLE weekend.  For David's birthday I had given him a baseball glove as well as a coupon for breakfast at the Blue Plate Diner in Salt Lake.  The Diner is just down the street from his Aunt's house.  It is always full of people and has a sign that says it was voted the "Best Breakfast in Utah".  So Monday morning, Daniel, Heather, David, me, Kathryn, and Kelli all woke up and had breakfast at the diner.  I thought the food was good but nothing super amazing.  David got a black bean breakfast burrito with sausage that he really liked.  Just as always, the diner was packed with people.  There was even a man sitting at the table behind us with a pet parrot on his shoulder the whole time.  
After breakfast we hung out back at the house for a while.  We all went on the trampoline and played some basketball.   This mainly consisted of David and Daniel trying to beat each other in coming up with the craziest ways to dunk the basketball on the trampoline.  Next we decided to go hike up Ensign Peak.  It is located just north of the Salt Lake Temple and the capitol building.  Thankfully, it was a beautiful day!  The weather forecast predicted rain, but it was sunny and warm and beautiful.  Here are some pictures from the short hike:



The hike was only about a mile in all so not too difficult.  I had only ever hiked to the smaller lookout point, but this time we hiked the whole way up to the top point of Ensign Peak.  Word of advice - don't wear flip flops.  The hike wasn't that bad but it was steep enough that I got blisters on my toes from holding on to my flip flops so they wouldn't fall off.  All of David's siblings headed home after the hike so David and I decided to go to the Salt Lake Country Club for a swim.  This was our first swim of the season.  haha.  We miss our days at King Henry - lying out at the pool every single Saturday.  It was nice to lay out at the pool.  We even got to order sandwiches and drinks by the pool.  After being at the pool for a couple of hours we went home and played some catch with David's new glove.  That was about the end of David's Birthday celebrations.  Here is a picture of us- tired and exhausted from a day in the sun:

It was a great birthday celebration.  I can't believe David is 25 years old!  He is such an amazing guy.  He always makes me laugh and always makes me feel so special.  I love him so much!  Happy Birthday David!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Sounds like David had fun getting old! We hope you got the card we sent...the late card we sent. Anyway, it was apparent that you don't hike much, Karin, becaue you wore flip-flops! I always had the trouble of tripping and tearing up my knees whenever I hiked; I'd fall every time. I have the scars to prove it.

Angela said...

I'm glad you loved my card, David. The way you know I made it is by looking on the back where I scriblle my signature.
I'm jealous that y'all are going to CA to see Michalle and Matt...it's on my places to see list.