Wednesday, June 3, 2009

David's 25th Birthday Weekend


David's birthday was on May 26th.  We decided to celebrate his birthday all weekend long, though, since he would be working on his actual birthday. It began on Saturday, May 23rd.  David's Aunt and Uncle and cousins left that day to go to France for the week.  That meant David and I got the whole house to ourselves!  To begin David's birthday celebration we decided to go to a dinner and movie.  We haven't gone out on a date in so long it feels like so we were both excited.  

Before we left, I gave David his first birthday present.  Let me begin by telling you that a week ago or so, David informed me that for my birthday we could go to the Killers concert that was coming to Salt Lake.  I'm not sure if it is really a present for me or for him.  haha.  Either way is fine.  So I thought since we want to go to the concert, and David doesn't have very many Killers songs, I bought him a bunch of Killers songs on iTunes and burned him a Killers Mix CD.

We decided to go see "Terminator Salvation." David was dying to see it; however, he read some review before we went and was disappointed that it got bad reviews.  This may have helped us, though, because we both like the movie.  I thought it was good.  I jumped a million times during it.  It wasn't absolutely amazing, but I didn't feel as though I had wasted my money.  

After the movie, we used a gift card David's Aunt and Uncle gave us and went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.  I hadn't been there since high school.  It was so delicious.  Sadly, by the time my meal came out, I was stuffed from our calamari and bread that I barely had two bites.  We did take home a piece of cheesecake.  It was the Chocolate Pecan Turtle something cheesecake and it was AMAZING.  I highly recommend it.  When we got home we decided to watch "Jurassic Park 2" in the theater room.  David fell asleep, though, and I got scared from watching it so I turned it off after about 45 minutes and went to bed.  Let me tell you - it gets scary being in a giant house with tons of windows watching people get eaten by dinosaurs all by yourself.  So that was the end of David's birthday celebration #1.  

No comments: